Followers

Friday, April 30, 2010

A birthday haircut

I had an awesome birthday, thanks to my new friends here. Mup, the amazing training director, arranged for corn bread at snack time (called keke, it’s fantastic). I picked up my swearing-in dress from the tailor, who finally got it just right. Jenny cut my hair in her host family’s barber shop, which resulted in a hilarious video in which the barber next to us was shaving a poor customer’s head while looking at us. I’ll update this post with video when I have decent internet.

We cooked fantastic grilled cheese, fries and tomato soup. Her host family was incredulous about the soup with milk in it and cooked cheese sandwiches, so they also cooked beans and rice, but they seemed to like the American food. I certainly did.




Note: I'm labeling this post umunsi mukuru which means "holiday/day with a celebration" in Kinyarwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Visitor Stats

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP