Followers

Monday, May 3, 2010

More evidence Africa doesn't need your 1 million T-shirts

Some guy thinks Africans need Americans to waste everyone’s time and money sending Africa 1 million unwanted T-shirts. If the arguments regarding sustainability, efficiency of donor dollars, and undermining existing local markets didn’t do it for you, the availability of this t-shirt for $0.80 in the market should settling things.

TIA provides alternatives to a proposal that was widely criticized all over the web.

I know I'm late to the criticism party; I’ve been busy studying for my end-of-training Kinyarwanda exam.

1 comment:

  1. Had to look twice before I realized what was going on with that shirt. Given that Rwanda is a fairly religious country, would any one there actually wear that shirt??

    ReplyDelete



Visitor Stats

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP